Sunday, January 30, 2011

Forty

K turned forty on Friday. It's hard to believe that we are entering that decade. It really doesn't seem possible. But I guess we have to get older if our kids are continuing to get older. K is having a hard time with this one. I really can't say much, as I have 2 more years to go before I hit that age, but I remember 30 being tough for me. I always thought 30 was so old. Live and learn.
We spent the weekend semi-low key, although there were a few surprises along the way. Friday night, K's dad surprised him by showing up at our house all the way from Mississippi. K's genuine surprise and delight was very evident (if you know him well) and he really enjoyed having the company. On Saturday, we had a few people over to celebrate with us - which was supposed to be a surprise, as well. Unfortunately for me, K decided to check JADs cell phone and saw a text to one of K's employees who was conspiring with me. Bummer! Still, I think K had an okay time, even if he did know about everything.
K had asked for Barnes and Noble gift cards for his birthday and was able to buy a Nook Color with the combined gifts he received. He is really quite pleased with his purchase and I'm very happy that he was able to buy something that he really truly wanted. The nice thing is, he still has some gift cards left over and will be able to shop for electronic books whenever he wants.
Happy Birthday, K. I love you very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment