Monday, January 3, 2011

Nothing Related

Today I started back at school and I'm pretty sure my negative attitude was apparent to most everyone. I probably should get my act together before my students show up tomorrow. I'm not particularly happy at my current school - to the point that I don't really care for teaching anymore. It's not that I don't want to be a teacher, I don't want to be a teacher at this particular school and in this particular district anymore. Over Christmas Break I updated my resume and will soon begin posting it on the websites of various districts that surround me. Hopefully I can find a job where I can be happy. At this point, I think anywhere else I go will make me happy. But here's to a better second half! (Cough, cough)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The kids go back to school tomorrow - thank goodness! They need to go back before they kill each other. I think I live with 5 Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hydes. They can be laughing, joking, and living it up one minute and on the floor trying to pummel each other to death the next minute. It's exhausting just being in the same room with them sometimes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario at dinner tonight: JAD and MAD were throwing a latex glove at each other (don't ask). MAD hit the jackpot and it glanced off JADs chicken noodle soup, so JAD plopped it down in MADs bowl and covered it with soup. Ensuing hysterics. Five minutes later? MAD is at it again, this time with her bread, throwing little pieces into everyone else's bowls of soup. And they wonder why K and I don't take them out to eat more often.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT, I repeat NOT, making any resolutions this year. I think they are pointless. People generally do really well with resolutions for the first month and then just forget about them. However, I am going to get control of my weight again. Stress and life have taken over and, well, let's just say the picture is not pretty. But today was step one. Hopefully I'll have better news on this end to report later on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another player on CEDs outdoor soccer team has quit. Awesome. Now we are down to 11 players, which means no subs. On Sundays, we have a player that won't play at all - because that's totally convenient when you are playing a TEAM sport. I won't get started, because I get all raged up when I start to talk about the lack of commitment from people who spend $1000 a year for their child to play a competitive team sport. Moving on...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's very strange that it's 2011. I still remember all the craziness at the end of 1999 when people thought everything would fall apart January 1, 2000. Y2K. And here we still are eleven years later. But, then again, the world is supposed to end next year anyway, right? Ah, good times, good times....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pet the mouse today. Yes, I did. I'm trying to be brave and put up a good front for my children. Lightning is very, very soft and she very happily sniffed my finger as I put it close to her nose. Of course, I was terrified that she would bite me as my hand got close (irrational fears, I know!), but she sniffed and moved on. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. No, I don't plan on holding her anytime soon. But I'll look through the wires of her cage and watch her happily burrow in the bedding. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment