Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reading

Tonight MED sat down and read an entire picture book to her daddy. She sounded out the big words (words like sometimes!) and breezed through the 20+ page book in no time. She just took our breath away. We have yet another reader on our hands. Soon I won't be able to spell things out loud anymore because she will figure that out, too. Ugh! All my tactics of doing things on the sly are slowly being taken away from me.

MAD also 'read' to me tonight as I was walking on the treadmill. It was the Bible according to MAD. I don't remember some of the Bible stories being what she was telling me, but hey - it worked for her. She was so animated while 'reading' and I was quite entertained. Though I may have to go back and re-read a few stories to see where it says, "You're a meanie-head!" That must be a new interpretation that has just recently come out...

I think this weekend I just may spend a minute or two being read to instead of the other way around. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment