Sunday, February 6, 2011

Twenty

Earlier this year, back in January, I wrote this post and mentioned how I wanted to get control of my weight again. Well, I have started and as of today I have lost 20 pounds. My father-in-law inspired me to join Weight Watchers (I'm doing the online version) and the program is really working for me. The great thing is, I can eat as many fruits and vegetables as I want so I'm not always starving. I can eat 'normal' food - nothing is prepackaged to be bought from them - and I'm relearning portion sizes. Of course, it's still hard when some of my favorites are around - pizza, pasta, bread... but I'm learning how much I can have to 'treat' myself and not break the bank. I have a great friend, J, who has been encouraging me along the way and who will get out of her warm house to walk with me in the frigid cold at outdoor soccer practice. I'm finally starting to notice the difference in my clothes and I can't wait to fit into clothes I haven't been able to wear in 2+ years. It's a process, that's for sure, but I feel like I'm finally on the right track and in control. Hopefully I can continue to give you updates as I go... my next goal - 10% of my body weight - is only 2.3 pounds away. I have more energy already and will hopefully soon have more confidence in who I am (it will also help when I find a new job where I'm not constantly being put down!). Now, I'm off to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment