Friday, April 22, 2011

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Training Wheels

The kids were all outside playing today after school. It was a beautiful (but windy! Surprise!) day here with temperatures in the low 60s and the sun shining brightly. I was in and out of the house, hacking away with the cold I've come down with. K came inside to keep me company for a little bit and, as we were talking, little MAD came in chattering about bikes and riding and training wheels. At first, I thought that MAD was saying that MED was riding her bike without training wheels, which confused me. MED has been riding a two-wheeler for almost two years now - what in the world is MAD talking about? Then K translated for me - MAD was riding a bike without training wheels. WHAT??? Are you kidding me? This just can't be possible. As we headed outside, this is what we were greeted with:

Don't you love the outfit? MAD dressed herself this morning. Fabulous fashion sense.

The bike actually belongs to one of the other little girls who lives in our cul-de-sac. The training wheel has been pushed up by her dad as she just learned how to ride a two-wheeler herself about a month ago.

Four years old and she required no help from adults other than steadying the bike so she could take off. Steering is a little shaky, but I'm sure she'll have that down before our long weekend is over! Way to go, baby girl! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment