Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Latest Craving

Since starting on my 'lifestyle change' (or diet, whichever you prefer), I've gone through various foods that just really appeal to me at the moment. My latest crave/desire is... ready for this??? Veggie burgers. Yes. They are d-to-the-licious in my opinion. Tonight I had a spicy black bean burger (MorningStar Farms) on a sandwich thins bun/bread thing with 2 tablespoons of guacamole. It would have been better only if I had lettuce, tomato, and a touch of onion. (I think my family may reel at that last confession. Yes, I like onions.) I think about this sandwich during the day. During the day, I say! Randomly, while teaching. I currently believe that I could eat this just about every single night. You may say crazy, but I find it to be just heavenly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, I took the three oldest kids to soccer practice tonight (what a surprise - soccer practice). K kept MED and MAD home with him and he pulled out our VeggieTales DVDs to re-introduce them to our girls. While watching an Easter video, K was telling the girls about Jesus and what Easter is all about. MEDs reaction? "That's just WEIRD, Dad." MAD, when K told her that Jesus lives in Heaven and her heart, had a priceless reaction. I only wish I could have been there to see it. She asked K where her heart was and, once he told her, she pulled her shirt out, looked down it at her 'heart' and said, "Hi, Jesus. I love you!" I nearly peed my pants when K told me. In fact, I'm still giggling. Hysterical, I tell you! I love how kids her age are just so literal. They certainly keep us on our toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment