Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I hope that all the mothers out there had a great day yesterday. The weather here was ideal - sunny, warm with temps in the low 80s - and I spent the day inside. If you remember, on Soccerday I got fried. Yes, fried. Today my students were amazed at how red my legs are (it's Skirt Monday - something my teammate and I instituted about a month ago, so I was in a skirt where all could see the lobster-like legs I'm currently sporting). So, K wouldn't let me go outside even though it was a beautiful day. As I walked out of my bedroom yesterday morning, these are the signs that greeted me as I walked around:


K made breakfast - homemade waffles with blueberries and a potato/onion/pepper/sausage skillet creation - and then the kids gave me their gifts. I received beautiful hand-drawn pictures, a letter written by MED, and a paragraph written by JED. It was all very beautiful and thoughtful. We pretty much just relaxed around the house, except for a short stint out to Kohl's where I spent some gift cards I had. All in all, it was a very relaxing laid-back day. A huge thank you to my husband who walks side by side with me in this whole parenting deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment