Friday, May 20, 2011

School Is Over

Yesterday was the last day of school for three of our kids. Unfortunately for JAD, he has two more weeks of school although the last week is really just a 'fun' week. He gets to study for finals this weekend, however, and he is oh-so-happy about it. Especially since he gets to study with me. We spent Wednesday night at CEDs fifth grade graduation and Thursday morning was MEDs kindergarten promotion. It's hard to believe that CED will be in middle school next year and MED is big enough to be in first grade. Time goes by way too quickly.
Today was my last day of school. I am no longer a fifth grade teacher at Monterey Elementary and I'm currently on the job hunt. As much as that frightens me at times (finding a new job), I'm relieved to be moving on. I am going to miss some of the people I worked with, but that's what Facebook is for, right? Regardless, most of us don't have to rush around Monday morning frantically trying to get ready for school. Ahhhhh.... summer!

PS - I'll post pictures of the graduations later this weekend. Tomorrow is Soccerday, so look for a wrap-up post of our last games of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment