Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Complete and Utter Randomness

Here are my rambling thoughts for the day:

1. This is my second attempt at posting this. I had almost the whole post typed then hit who-knows-what on the keyboard and my whole post disappeared. Crap.

2. I finally bought a new round brush to use when drying my hair. I've had the old one for fifteen years and the knobby things on the ends of the bristles (yes, that is the technical term - knobby things) have completely worn off. The problem is that I can't seem to throw away the old brush. I don't know why. If my mom were here, she would throw it in the bathroom garbage then take that garbage to the big cans outside. I just can't do it. Maybe I'm a brush hoarder.

3. I'm trying a new mascara. Yes, I'm totally buying into the commercials that are all over TV. I bought Maybelline's Falsies Mascara. The jury is still out on whether it will do what they promise it will do, but I already like it better than Maybelline's Colossal Mascara. The sad thing is, I'm too cheap to buy the mascara I really like - Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara. How sad is it that I'm too cheap to spend the $15 it would cost.

4. I love, love, love my Lee Comfort Waistband jeans. It lets fat girls like me wear normal jeans and still feel like you can breathe.

5. I really had a hard time in seeing the point of getting dressed today. I was perfectly content to stay in my pajamas and robe all day long. This doesn't mean that I did nothing. I still vacuumed, dusted, did laundry, and spot shampooed my carpet today. I just did it all in my pjs. I couldn't find the energy to get dressed, however. Why this was so hard, I don't know. I finally dragged myself into the shower because I didn't think my son or his friends would appreciate me picking them up in my pajamas, slippers, and robe, sans makeup. They can all thank me.

6. Don't ever take three teenage boys to the pet store, even briefly. They will want to eat the dog treats and chew on dog bones. Just sayin'.

7. Don't call your daughter and ask her to order pizza online for you. It will take ten times longer than it really should. Agony. But thank you, CED, for doing it. You're a doll!

8. I desperately need to color my hair. The grays that are showing up daily are really starting to annoy me and are making me look much older than I really am. Though that could be the wrinkles. Or both. Jeesh. I'm just old. I'm contemplating doing it tonight and then scaring the boys. But then again, JAD might never have friends over again if I do that. Wait, he might never have friends over again... nah. That would be just mean.

9. I have to wrap more gifts. I don't want to. All the gifts are from Grandma and Grandpa. Think they would mind if I just threw everything into garbage bags and said 'Merry Christmas' as I threw 'em to the kids. Probably? Darn. I guess I have to wrap.

10. I've baked an enormous amount of Christmas cookies. I'm going to bake more tonight. Hopefully K's employees are hungry tomorrow...

11. I never did get ornaments on my tree this year. At this point, I'm just going to enjoy the tree with the lights on it. I did do that. CED wants to put the ornaments on the tree Christmas Eve. I vetoed that idea. Apparently I'm a Scrooge AND cheap. This post has been more revealing than I thought it would be.

12. My friend, J, just gave my kids a whole box of DVDs she was getting rid of. Thank you, dear friend. Now I know what my kids can do for the rest of Christmas break. Love, love, love to you.

That's all I got for you. But who knows what I'll have for you tomorrow. Hopefully I'll actually feel like getting dressed before 3:30 in the afternoon. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment