Saturday, December 11, 2010

Not Much to Say

There's not much new going on in my life other than my crazy schedule - you've all seen it. I go to work, come home, shlep my children to their various places, come home, do laundry, work, and go to bed, then start all over again the next day. I don't particularly care for my job (at all), so that can make life a little less 'sparkly' for me. I've been sitting and looking at my blog over the last couple of days thinking 'what should I write about?' The answer? I got nothin'. We go to soccer games and soccer practice. I take MED to and from the conservatory. This week we start the crazy schedule with four pageant performances. It all just seems so routine - almost humdrum.

My life was put into perspective tonight, however. A friend, who's son plays soccer with JAD and JAD is pretty close to, told me tonight that her husband has colon cancer. And not just colon cancer. Stage 4 colon cancer. I really didn't know what to say to her. I love her and her family dearly. These are some of the absolute nicest people you will ever meet. They will bend over backwards and then some to help you out. To hear that they were hit with this just makes you say 'why?' All I can do is pray for them, offer support I know they won't necessarily take, offer a shoulder to cry on and I just don't feel like it's enough. I'm just speechless. This week is their 19th wedding anniversary and her husband's birthday, which is now going to be clouded with this news. I wish I could understand why this happens to people - especially good ones!

Preceding all this was news that my neighbor, only in her early 50s and mom to a 10 year old - a good friend of CED, had a stroke about a week ago. She's grateful, oh-so-very-grateful, that she's alive and has full use of her left side. However, she will never regain feeling on the left side of her body. She has to learn to live with the pins and needles numbness that annoys us all when our foot falls asleep for the rest of her life. Again, another good person who goes out of her way to help others stricken by something serious. Again, speechless.

So, my schedule, as hectic as it may seem, doesn't seem so bad now. I'm healthy. K is healthy. We can get our kids where they need to be without issue. Perspective is all it took.

No comments:

Post a Comment